SLIP SYSTEM TWINNING SYSTEM
1. Orientation of Crystal above and below of slip plane is same
2.Slip occurs in discrete multiples of atomic spacing in series of line
3. Large deformation occurs as a result of Slip
4. Occur in FCC and BCC structure since it have more slip system.
1.Orientation of Crystal above and below of slip plane is different
2. Atom movements are much less than atomic distance with well defined region of crystals.
3. Small deformation occurs in twinning.
4. Occur in HCP structure since it has small number of slip system.